Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It Wasn't Workin' Out

I am not used to the cold mornings of New Mexico. And they probably aren't THAT cold but I'm just not used to it. Therefore, we have started working out in the evenings with Brad after we put the kids down.

A couple of weeks ago, after our workout, we heard some rummaging going on upstairs. "What?" "I thought they would be asleep by now." I dash up the stairs and open the door to this:

I'm not exactly sure what to make of it. Were they actually reading all these books? Is it some sort of literary brick road that leads to the glorified red throne on the bed? Grant quickly jumps in his bed as though he's been asleep the entire time. "Where is Parker?" I ask Grant. "He's asleep" "How could he be asleep when his bed is COVERED in books and paraphanalia?" Grant fills me in, "He's in the crib." "He's in the CRIB? My 6 yr old is in the crib asleep?" Sure enough, he was:

We've had to revamp our evening routine a bit - and add to that a little threat to the kids.

Gotta get that workout in.

3 comments:

  1. yeah my kids occassionally ask to sleep in the crib. Funny when they are little they can't get out of it fast enough and then can't spend enough time in it when they get older. Good job keeping the workouts in and involving Brad. What are you guys doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I miss you guys. This post almost made me pee my pants. Classic!
    p.s. I occasionally check your blog - I'm so proud of you for updating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is too funny, I love it!! Good job on making your work-outs a priority!

    ReplyDelete