Parker got baptized yesterday!
It was truly a special day.
Afterwards he told me that he felt really good and
was so happy that people came to share it with him.

The cousins sang "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus". That is such a simple and beautiful song. We have been practicing every night at prayer time and I have enjoyed how it has welcomed the Spirit into our home each night.
The bishopric welcomed Parker into the ward. He told an analogy of washing clothes and how many stains can just go through the regular wash but some require a little extra treatment. He likened it to repentence. He asked Parker, "What does your mom do when you get your pants dirty?" Parker replied, "She sometimes gets mad."
Outted again.
Yay for Parker and I am glad everything went well.
ReplyDeleteLove the dirty laundry analogy. My kids would say the same thing about me :)
ReplyDeleteHow incredible! I wish we were there for his special day. I'm teaching that age group in primary right now and LOVE it. Parker is one awesome boy. How I miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Parker! My kids say the darndest things. Gotta love honesty!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Parker!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love that family picture! Nice color scheme. You guys are just the best. I'm so happy for Parker. I can't believe he's 8. It seems like just yesterday he was Abby's age chewing on his toes.
ReplyDelete