Parker came home yesterday with a homework assignment. The piece of paper had a big basket drawn on it and each student was asked to fill the basket with things that reminded them of spring. I was on the phone so I was somewhat distracted while he completed most of his work. Then I noticed a boxy stick figure with long hair and the label "Geesis" (aka Jesus). He wrote below, "I poot Geesis becaus he is the resin we selebrat Eester." He added a couple of other things too about easter eggs and such.
I immediately felt so nervous about him taking that to school. Would he get in trouble for bringing up religion? When he finished up his paper he was so proud and said, "I bet nobody else thought to put Jesus in their basket." Sadly enough, he might be right.
I sent him to school today with that paper feeling very proud of him. Here's hoping that we all keep Jesus in our basket this Easter and all year long.
That's awesome Heather! Tell Parker Good job!
ReplyDelete